Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Is Your Monument Builder Truly Creative?

I ask the question, "Is your monument builder truly creative?" because I believe a lot of monument companies are not. Obviously, some are very creative, but too many are luke warm sellers.

I read a comment from Bill Bates concerning the funeral industry that I have modified to apply to the monument industry.

"So many [monument companies] are afraid to risk rejection or to look foolish that they stifle their creativity. In so doing they sell out for a luke warm career when their work in [monument] service could be exciting. They miss making as healing, dynamic and creative contributions to others that they could. If I can say any one thing to the young people in [the monument industry] it would be, “your creativity is yours, it is inside of you and no one else. If you don’t connect with it and offer it, every one loses.”

Bill is right about his opinions of the funeral industry and I am right about my opinions regarding the monument industry.

Well constructed monuments facilitate healing, and family pride, but too many monuments are "me too" boring products that offer very little to memorialization.

Use your creativity and passion to educate clients on the possibilities for the creation of legacy memorials.

No one should enter a field seeking "a luke warm career." You owe your clients your imagination.

Burton Fletcher
www.USAMonuments.com
Burton@USAMonuments.com

No comments: